If any of these ideas have been bouncing around in your brain, then you have arrived to the correct location.
In the piece that you are about to read, we will dissect each feature, analysing how it fits into the marketing jigsaw, the benefits and drawbacks, as well as providing you with suggestions that you can begin using right away to give your approach a zing.
Let’s plunge into the Instagram Videos Versus Reels Versus Stories argument!
The Step-by-Step Guide to Posting Videos on Instagram
You may post a video to Instagram using any one of these four methods:
1. A post to a feed, provided that it is less than one minute in length.
2. Instagram Stories
4. Instagram Video
In the next section, we will evaluate 2, 3, and 4 to assist you in selecting the optimal option for your Instagram marketing plan and audience.
The most effective strategy for gaining followers on Instagram right now is to create reels.
…But can you tell me more about them?
Instagram’s answer to the popular video app TikTok is called Reels. Users are able to generate brief video snippets lasting between 15 and 30 seconds.
The aspect ratio for Reels is 9:16, thus you’ll need to shoot in portrait mode. The app itself provides you with access to a wide variety of video editing tools, including the following:
• Filters (you might expect everything from the addition of false eyelashes to the utilisation of a green screen effect)
• Change the clip speed to either speed up or slow down a video.
• Music (including the sounds and compositions of several other composers and artists)
• Length of the clip (you may change the length of each clip individually)
• Text (you may utilise any of the typefaces that are available to you inside Instagram Stories on Reels).
• Record yourself speaking over a clip and use it as a voiceover.
• Audio mixing, in which the volumes of two separate audio samples may be adjusted.
How to Make the Most of Instagram Reels to Help You Expand Your Account
The reach is unparalleled since Instagram is promoting material from Reels in order to compete with TikTok.
You may generate content at the top of the sales funnel, sometimes known as brand awareness, using Reels. It is the most effective method for attracting fresh eyeballs to your content and connecting with users who are seeing you for the first time on their Explore tab.
Think about bite-sized ideas and material that is filled with value when you are planning out the content for your Reels.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of Using Instagram Reels
Increase your organic reach, which is a pro.
When Instagram introduces a new function, the app will reward accounts that make use of that function.
Without having to pay any money on advertisements, Instagram Reels is the most effective method for increasing your organic reach and becoming viral on the site.
Instagram reels cannot be promoted, which is a con.
Because Instagram wants Reels to be a natural environment, it does not presently let users to promote their content in Reels. Although this could shift in the not-too-distant future, as of right now there is no way to purchase your way to more views.
The inability to add music to business accounts is a drawback.
It is not possible for you to include music in your Reels if you have a business account. This functionality is only available for personal accounts and Creator accounts.
On the other hand, you are free to utilise the original audio clips that were generated by other users!
The shelf life of reels is far longer than that of stories, feed posts, and Instagram video.
Reels, in contrast to other sorts of video on Instagram, do not vanish into thin air an hour after the ‘Publish’ button has been pressed.
At any given moment, the algorithm is able to select a Reel and begin distributing it to a greater number of consumers.
What does this imply for you moving forward? There is still a chance that a Reel you uploaded two weeks ago can go viral, and even older Reels can continue to rack up views over the course of time.
Advice for Your Strategy Regarding Instagram Reels
• Post between three and five Reels per week.
• You should disseminate information that is edifying or motivational in nature, as this will inspire individuals to store it and view it several times.
• Give popular movements your own distinctive spin, and ensure that the videos are pertinent to your specialised audience.
• Remain focused on your area of expertise to ensure that you are attracting the appropriate audience to your account.
• When describing your Reel, use hashtags that are pertinent to the topic, and place them at the bottom of your description rather than in the initial remark.
• Make use of Instagram Reels covers in order to maintain a consistent aesthetic throughout your feed and to ensure that the subject matter of each video is clearly seen.
After you have successfully drawn the interest of your audience with a Reel, you will want to establish a connection with them with your Stories.
Your audience might feel more connected to you beyond the flawlessly manicured feed when you use stories. In addition to providing an authentic and unrefined insight into your life for the audience, this builds the all-important know, like, and trust factor.
Having said that, there is a time constraint.
You may record up to four different Stories at the same time, and each one only lasts ten seconds. The movie length for Instagram Stories is 9 minutes and 16 seconds.